1966 Compton Ave. Corona, CA 92881 - 951-340-9792

District Headquarters:


1966 Compton Ave.

Corona, CA 92881


Phone: 951-340-9792

Fax:     951-340-2515


Hours of Operation:


M-F  7:00 am - 4:30 pm


Office Email:


office@northwestmvcd.org

California WNV Case Counts:

2014 YTD

Human Cases: (0)

Horses: (0)

Dead Birds: (5)

Mosquito Samples: (0)

Sentinel Chickens: (1)

Squirrels: (0)


2013

Human Cases:  (372)

Horses: (13)

Dead Birds: (1251)

Mosquito Samples: (2528)

Sentinel Chickens: (485)

Squirrels: (8)


2012

Human Cases: (451)

Horses: (22)

Dead Birds: (1639)

Mosquito Samples: (2848)

Sentinel Chickens: (536)

Squirrels: (22)


2011

Human Cases:  (158)

Horses: (15)

Dead Birds: (688)

Mosquito Samples: (2087)

Sentinel Chickens: (391)

Squirrels: (24)


2010

Human Cases: (111)

Horses: (19)

Dead Birds: (416)

Mosquito Samples: (1305)

Sentinel Chickens: (281)

Squirrels: (24)



Communities Served by the District:


City of Corona

City of Norco

City of Canyon Lake

City of Eastvale

Arlanza/Arlington

Canyon Crest

La Sierra

Woodcrest

Mira Loma

El Cerrito

Jurupa

Glen Avon

Highgrove

Rubidoux

Pedley

Home Gardens

2013 Board Of Trustees


President -

George Read

County of Riverside


Vice President -

Jordan Ehrenkranz

City of Canyon Lake


Secretary -

Jeffrey DeGrandpre

City of Eastvale


Trustee -

Gary Bradley, Ph.D.

City of Riverside


Trustee -

Thomas Buckley

City of Lake Elsinore


Trustee -

Brad Hancock

City of Jurupa Valley


Trustee -

Berwin Hanna

City of Norco


Trustee-

John Knaak

City of Corona


District Manager -

Major Dhillon, Ph.D.

Home     Contact    Board    Agenda    West Nile    Mosquitoes    Rodents    Bees    Flies    Ticks    Mosquito Fish    Media            

 

The Northwest Mosquito Abatement District was formed on December 28, 1959 to control mosquitoes in the northwest portion of Riverside County encompassing 150 square miles. The population of the District at that time was approximately 50,000 residents. Since inception, the District has grown significantly in population and area. Additionally, the geographical landscape has changed dramatically, from rural to mostly urban and suburban, thus creating a different set of vector problems. In 1968, upon request by the Board of Supervisors, the Board of Trustees adopted the additional responsibility of controlling biting gnats in areas adjacent to the Santa Ana River without additional revenues to the District. On August 16, 1993, the District added services to control all important vectors and changed its name to NORTHWEST MOSQUITO AND VECTOR CONTROL DISTRICT. In July 1994, the District purchased its present facility and relocated its headquarters to Corona. At present, the District provides vector control services (mosquito, flies, rats, Africanized honeybees, black flies, midges and occasionally other vectors of minor public health importance) over an area of 240 square miles with a population of approximately 500,000.

     The Northwest Mosquito and Vector Control District in 1965